The Will Travel friendly cameras are a family of light weight fixed focal length zone focused 4×5, 5×7 and 8×10 large format cameras.
Check if your lens is suitable here!
The cameras is 3d printed and files to print them is free to download for your own personal use. Links below. Or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a friendly offer on a printed and assembled camera based on your needs.
The camera back allows for standard double sided filmholders, as well as grafmatic 6 sheet holders, under the ground glass type rollfilmholders and graflock type filmholders (Polaroid 405, Linhof 6×9, 6×12 etc).
The camera design is symmetrical allowing for both right and left hand use. Integrated into camera body is several coldshoe mounts for viewfinders and rangefinders etc. there are three 1/4-20″ tripod mounts (top,bottom and on the side), and two cutouts for levels.
The Will Travel family (ambitious ?) plan and design roadmap:
- Download your WillTravel files for 3d printing here!
Lenses and suitability, read more here!!
Make your own Will Travel camera.
- Download the required set of 3d printable files for the format and focal length you have decided on from the thingiverse link in the list above.
- Lensdata. Ensure that you have or purchase a lens with suitable coverage for the format (4×5 or 5×7) and with the correct focal length. Please ask if unsure (email@example.com)
- See the advise on the 3d printing link. (expect more than 24 hours of printing time in total)
- Source the non printable parts.
- Paint, glue and assemble the camera.
- Set up the zone focus scale with your lens and your camera.
- Shoot some film!