The Will Travel friendly cameras are a family of light weight fixed focal length zone focused 4×5 and 5×7 large format cameras. Currently the family consists of the WillTravel4x5- 58&65, 75, 90, 120/121, 135 and 150mm and a few 5×7 prototypes 75mm, (90mm and 120/121 shortly) and 150mm.
Check if your lens is suitable here!
The cameras is 3d printed and files to print them is free to download for your own personal use. Links below. Or send me an email (email@example.com) for a friendly offer on a printed and assembled camera based on your needs.
The camera back allows for standard double sided filmholders, as well as grafmatic 6 sheet holders, under the ground glass type rollfilmholders and graflock type filmholders (Polaroid 405, Linhof 6×9, 6×12 etc).
The camera design is symmetrical allowing for both right and left hand use. Integrated into camera body is several coldshoe mounts for viewfinders and rangefinders etc. there are three 1/4-20″ tripod mounts (top,bottom and on the side), and two cutouts for levels.
The Will Travel family (ambitious 😳) plan and design roadmap:
- 4×5 – 47mm (lend me the lens and I will design the camera 😎)
- 4×5 – 58xl-65mm Available here.
- 4×5 – 75mm Available here.
- 4×5 – 90mm Available here.
- 4×5 – 120mm (March 2020).
- 4×5 – 127mm (March 2020).
- 4×5 – 135mm Available here.
- 4×5 – 150mm Available here.
- 5×7 – 75mm Available soon, see prototype below. (January 2020).
- 5×7 – 90mm (January 2020)
- 5×7 – 120mm (lend me the lens and I will design the camera )
- 5×7 – 150mm Prototype available here. Expecting upgrade to Will Travel design pattern December 2019.
Lenses and suitability, read more here!!
Make your own Will Travel camera.
- Download the required set of 3d printable files for the format and focal length you have decided on from the thingiverse link in the list above.
- Lensdata. Ensure that you have or purchase a lens with suitable coverage for the format (4×5 or 5×7) and with the correct focal length. Please ask if unsure (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See the advise on the 3d printing link. (expect more than 24 hours of printing time in total)
- Source the non printable parts.
- Paint, glue and assemble the camera.
- Set up the zone focus scale with your lens and your camera.
- Shoot some film!
Camera Testing is in progress…
Tested and recommended lenses
- 4×5 -90mm camera
- 90mm f6.8 Angulon, a small very travel friendly lens. Recommend!👍
- 90mm f5.6 Super Angulon, big and heavy, works but not very travel friendly.
- 5×7-150mm camera
- 150mm f9 G-Claron, small and light, but do not cover 5×7! 😕To be moved to the 4×5-150mm
- 150mm f5.6 APO-Symmar, to be tested..